1. Go to Gate.io website, Log in or create new account
2. Once logged in, click on [Profile] icon and select [API Management] link.
3. On subsequent page, click [API4v Keys] on the left side menu
4. Then click on [+ Create New API Key] button.
5. Enter remark and select Permission/s
Please Note : Perpetual Contract must be enabled with Read And Write access to trade futures. If you have an existing API Key without this enabled, you must edit it or create a new key with the feature enabled before you can trade futures. Your Gate.io Contract Account must have USDT to trade USDT-Perpetual Futures or BTC to trade BTC-Perpetual futures.
6. Enter fund password and other security codes
Your new API Key and Secret key will be displayed.